Thursday 16 May 2013

Exel Wines Heads to London

As always it is that time of year when all the eyes of the UK wine industry start to look towards London and the in Particular the London International Wine Fair.  For the second year Exel Wines will be making the journey, through myself General Manager - Russell Wallace, down not just to sample some new but to introduce the UK to our Brazilian Wine agency Casa Valduga.  For well over a hundred years now this family vineyard has been producing some of Brazil's finest wines.

The few of you that know Brazil even make wine will probably know the country for their middle market sparkling wines.  Casa Valduga takes this one step further producing great sparklers at a great price as well as some top quality wines to genuinely rival Champagne and even a complete range of top quality red & white still wines.

If you are visiting the fair please do visit us at stand O40, but as always these fairs get rather hectic so why not make an appointment and we can guide you through the ranges.

For those of you not lucky enough to take in the sights, smells and tastes of the fair then please allow me to be your guide as I post a round up each day of some of my favourite old wines revisited, new discoveries & vintages, exhibitors so much more besides.

I know one, absolute must for me is a first anniversary visit to my much beloved, sorry no not my wife, instead the Innocent bystander Pink Moscato.  It was at last years fair I discovered this beauty, it was not love at first sight... I glanced the little half bottle up and down, sniggered at the 5.5% alc Vol and mocked the beer bottle closure.  Until of course a fresh bottle was opened some 6-10 feet from me in the cavernous Excel Centre and even from that distance the aromas shot up my nose and went straight for my heart.

Next will be a quick swizz around the various awards tables, to see what is hot and what they have missed!

Monday will also see an iteresting masterclass covering 60 years of Wynns Coonawarra Estate, a vineyard as yet to feature on the pages of Exel Wines, but I am there to see if they will make the grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment